To keep stock levels accurate on the website, the following is how it works:
- 1 Full Stock File Each Night - You have to send 1 stock file by CSV each night (e.g. 3:00am) with all products and their stock levels to do a fresh update of all stock levels. Only include products that are “Activated for the Web” in this file and the stock level should be the stock level available for the web (i.e. remove any reserved stock quantity, etc that is not available to order on the web).
- Stock Deltas during the Day - Then you just send stock changes throughout the day – called “Stock Deltas”. Stock Deltas are changes to stock levels during the day due to, e.g., arrivals of new stock or purchases made in-store.
- Options for Stock Deltas - You have 2 options for sending the stock changes throughout the day:
- By CSV file – the same fields as the full stock file but just for products whose stock levels have changed (this updates stock levels every 15 minutes)
- OR By web service – which allows real-time stock level changes as they happen
NOTE: You need to ensure that if the internet is down for your ePos/ERP, that you can catch up with stock changes when the internet comes back up.
- Stock Deltas - Absolute or Changes Only - When using the CSV file or the Web Service, you can send ABSOLUTE QUANTITIES (the exact amount of stock left) or just the CHANGES to stock levels (e.g. + 10 means an extra 10 have just come into stock and -2 means that 2 have just been purchased in-store).
- NOTE: If you are sending us CHANGES, you don’t send us changes to the WEB SALES as we already know these
- NOTE: The stock figures should exclude stock required to fulfil outstanding web orders that have been downloaded.
CSV File Naming Standards
The following are the CSV files that you can export:
Sent once a day during the night with all stock levels (e.g. 3:00am)
If sending stock changes throughout the day, send this file every 15 minutes with just the products that have stock changes