Note that if your website is integrated with your ePos/ERP please check with the Implementation Team before you set up the Main Navigation as this may be created via your ePos/ERP.
To set up your main menu bar with product categories, take the following steps:
- Log in as Website Admin – And select Catalogue and Categories & Navigation from the menu bar
- To add a MAIN CATEGORY to the top menu bar:
- Click Add New Page / Category.
- Enter the TITLE.
- Leave SHOW PRODUCT LIST checked unless you don’t want to have any products appear on this page (and just put general content on the page using the Widget Manager instead).
- Leave IS ACTIVE checked to ensure that it appears on the website. You can also set Active From and/or Active To dates if you want this category to only be active for a specific date range.
- Enter a SORT ORDER number to specify where in the main menu it appears (the list is sorted in ascending order).
- Override Link URL: There is an option to link this page to another URL – if you want to do this, enter the URL in the OVERRIDE LINK URL field – but ensure that if it is to another page on the website, it must be a relative URL (i.e. leave off the “https://www.domainname.com” part in the URL).
- Leave EXTERNAL CODE blank for now as this is only used if you want to use systems integration for mapping products to this category from your internal system (ePos/ERP) – at which point, you put in the unique code for this category from your internal system.
- And click FINISH.
- If having just 1 column of categories, you don’t need to add column headings, so you can skip the next step.
- Click View Pages / Sub-Categories beside the MAIN CATEGORY.
- Follow the same steps above to add each of the headings for each column.
- Click View Pages / Sub-Categories.
- Follow the same steps above to add each of the sub-category.
Please sign in to leave a comment.