Once your website is live, you should consider the following when it comes to marketing your new online store:
Market your online website in-store
Have a think about how you are going to market the online store in-store
- Start with flyers, Point of Sale or some signage to let customers know you are now online, matching offline deals online etc.
- Perhaps you could provide offline customers with a flyer which gives the customer a discount off an online purchase?
- Ensure the online store is incorporated onto your Till Receipts.
- Can you get the URL onto your Printed Bags?
- Are your staff members telling customers that you are now online?
- Ensure that email signatures, business cards & headed paper are all updated to include the domain for the online store
First Step - Establish your Social Media & Adwords
We would recommend that your first step is to get your Facebook page going and build up a large follower base in the 10's of thousands. This will allow you push marketing messages instantly to tens of thousands of loyal customers.
And we would recommend that you also start by getting your adwords strategy going. Other online marketing activities can be slower to get traction but adwords can get an immediate boost to your website.
And once you getting a good return for your adword spend (e.g. for every €500 spent on adwords, you get €5,000 of online sales), then you simply increase your adwords budget to increase online revenue.
For adwords to be effective, you must spend a few weeks getting your website ready to compete so that your products display better than your competitors, that your prices are better than your competitors, and so on.
And you should look at the different adwords options as some can be cheaper than others - e.g:
- Google Adwords
- Facebook Adwords
- Gmail Adwords
- Google Shopping