The AB Commerce Platform is automatically integrated with MailChimp. This means that when users opt-in to receive emails on your website (e.g. during the Checkout or when they click JOIN to become a member of your website), they will automatically appear in your MailChimp account under a list called _ABC_WebsiteSubscribers within 48 hours. You can then send emails to this list. And if users unsubscribe themselves, their status will automatically change to Unsubscribed within 48 hours.
Setting up the Integration between your website and MailChimp
To set up your email integration, take the following steps:
- Go to https://mailchimp.com/ to view the features of Mail Chimp and if you are happy with their pricing and features, create an account with them.
- Log into the account and click on the Profile link in the screenshot below under your login name in the top right corner of the screen.
- Then click Extras and click API Keys.
- Under API Keys, click Create a Key which will create a new record in the table and then click into the LABEL textbox on this record and enter the words AB Commerce.
- Then copy the API KEY generated and email this into the Help Desk and they will set up the integration from your website to Mail Chimp.