The following are the integration options available with Nosto.
Turning on Nosto
When starting with Nosto, you initially turn on Nosto on your website for a week so that it starts gathering analytics for all your customers. After a week, the Nosto databasse has enough data to start showing personalised ads to the customer - so you then start turning on these after a week.
There are other features that you can turn on straight away which are listed below.
To turn on Nosto, contact the Help Desk who will then enable it for your account.
Personalised Ad Banners across your website
We can also set up personalised ads to appear on the following pages on your website:
- Home Page - e.g. "Recommended for you"
- All category pages - e.g. "Most Popular Products in this Category"
- On the Product Detail page - e.g. "You may also like", "Others also viewed"
- View Basket - e.g. "Customers who bought these also bought"
- Search Results Page - e.g. "Customers who searched 'search term' viewed"
- 404 Page Does Not Exist Anymore - e.g "Popular items"
Abandoned Baskets automatic email
You should immediately turn on Abandoned baskets (you don't need to wait a week for this as you can start sending these straight away).
The way this works is that if a user does not complete their order within 30 minutes of leaving the site, they get an automatic email with their items in their basket and a link to complete their order. These are only sent if the user has opt-ed in when entering their email address at the first screen of the checkout where they can enter their email address and check a CHECKBOX to opt-in for email marketing.
In the abandoned basket email, you can include the following information:
- OPTIONAL: A promotion code that gives them 10% off if used in the next 4 hours
- The list of their basket items and product images
- LINK to "Complete Your Order" which brings them to the VIEW BASKET page with their basket already set up
- Personalised Banner of alternative items that they may want to purchase instead
- OPTIONAL: Some customer reviews
Contact the Help Desk when you want this enabled.
Other Triggered Emails
As well as the automatic abandoned basket emails above, there are other triggered emails that can be set up for you. All these are only sent if the user has opt-ed in when entering their email address at the start of the checkout:
- We miss you email sent 30 days after last visit.
- Order Follow-up emails sent to customers who have placed an order with personalised recommendations for them.
Contact the Help Desk if you want this set up.
You can also turn on the following pop-ups - contact the Help Desk for advice on setting these up:
- Welcome pop up on home page which offers the user a promo code for an 10% discount (the recommended discount rate that has worked well for our other clients) in return for them signing up for special offer emails and entering their email address. The code then displays on the screen (as opposed to being emailed to them).
- "Don't Go" pop up on desktop which pops up when the user is about to leave the site and they have not got to the checkout. This gives them the option to use a promo code to get 10% off in the next 2 hours - they just click on a SHOW MY CODE link and the promo code displays for them.
- "Don't Go" pop up on desktop which pops up when the user is about to leave the site and are in the middle of the checkout. This offers them the option of entering their email address and getting a link to their basket emailed to them in case they want to come back again to finish the purchase. They also have a CHECKBOX to opt-in to receive special offers (required for GDPR) as well as a "Go To Checkout" link to complete their order.
You can also add personalised ads based on the user's browsing history on your website to the bottom of emails that you send out including:
- The order confirmation email
- MailChimp emails
You can also add personalised Facebook ads based on the user's browsing history on your website.
Please sign in to leave a comment.