Seasonal stock is important for some Retailers e.g. Fashion Retailer may have two seasons, one for Spring/Summer and one for Autumn/Winter.
Retailers may want to highlight their seasonal stock by creating Dynamic Categories, see examples below
- NEW IN - These are products for the current season
- CLEARANCE - These are the remaining products from last season that are still in stock
Use Product / Promotion Groups for Seasonal Discounts
When running end of season promotions, you may only want to give a discount on last season's stock.
In this case, we would recommend setting up the following under "Product / Promotion Groups" under the menu bar CATALOGUE / CATEGORIES & NAVIGATION:
- Spring / Summer 2019 - Men
- Spring / Summer 2019 - Women
- Autumn / Winter 2019 - Men
- Autumn / Winter 2019 - Women
- Core Products
And then assigning each product into the relevant category.
NOTE that CORE PRODUCTS are products that are not seasonal.
This will then mean that you can then set up the following menu options that automatically populate:
- NEW IN
And when running promotions, you can run a promotion using the following parameters:
- The current season
- Last season
- Core Products that are not seasonal