If using the real-time stock web service instead of the STOCK DELTA CSV FILE, the following are the web services available:
- The web services that you send changes to stock levels immediately as they happen:
- UpdateStockActuals(string ProductCodes, int ActualQuantities)
- OR UpdateStockWithAdjustments(string ProductCodes, int AdjustmentQuantities)
- Note that you pass in an array of product codes and an associated array of stock quantities – either ACTUAL stock quantities to the first method or stock adjustments to the 2nd method
- Note also that:
- For sending stock adjustments, you can send NEGATIVE quantities if you want to reduce the stock available (e.g. if stock gets damaged in the shop).
- When sending stock adjustments, you must ignore adjustments due to importing website sales as the website has already adjusted for these.
- If using the web services, you need to ensure that you cater for when the communication to the web service is down and you need to “queue” the stock updates in the order that they should be made for when the communication comes back up.
Please sign in to leave a comment.