For Black Friday, the following are the options available for promoting products that are on your Black Friday sale:
- Under the admin Update Product screen, you can check the checkbox for Black Friday and a Black Friday Sale icon will appear on the product on the website.
- You can also bulk update multiple products in one go using the Bulk Import Spreadsheet functionality to bulk set multiple products for Black Friday.
- This bulk import spreadsheet functionality is our preferred option for setting products to Black Friday as it means that you can re-upload the same spreadsheet with Black Friday turned off after the promotion to ensure that they don't appear in the Black Friday Sale next year by mistake.
- You can set up an automated dynamic category which will automatically list any product that has been marked for Black Friday.
Updating the Product Manually for Black Friday Sale
To update a product for Black Friday Sale, take the following steps:
- Log in as web admin
- Click Catalogue - Products and Update beside the relevant product
- Click on the Categories tab and check the Black Friday checkbox
- Click Save and the change will go live the next time the cache is refreshed
Updating using a Bulk Import Spreadsheet
To update multiple products in one go, take the following steps:
- Click here to download a sample spreadsheet
- Open the spreadsheet and add a row for each product and enter it's product code and set the BlackFriday column to TRUE - when saving it, ensure it stays as a CSV file (not an XLST file) and that you don't add any other data to any other columns or add any blank rows (or else it wont save properly as a CSV file and will show an error when imported)
- Log in as web admin
- Click Catalogue - Bulk Imports and Update Existing Products
- Click Choose File and browse to the file
- Click Upload and ensure it says that it updated the correct number of rows
- Click here for more details on using bulk imports
To reverse the changes after the Black Friday promotion, do the same steps using the same spreadsheet except set the Black Friday column to False.
Setting up an automated Black Friday Sales products category
If you would like to set up a category that automatically shows all products on the Black Friday promotion, contact the Help Desk and they will set it up for you.