We currently have an integration with Yotpo so that your website can integrate with their loyalty platform. The following are how the integration works:
PILOT: We are currently running a YOTPO pilot and here are the current items being tested:
- We are not syncing the OPT IN or OPT OUT values - can we look into keeping these up to date for NEW REGISTRATIONS and the UPDATE YOUR DETAILS page?
- Note that if a user opts out directly through MAIL CHIMP / KLAVIYO and not through our /unsubscribe page, we dont know about it
- ALSO for NEW REGISTRATIONS and UPDATE YOUR DETAILS (createMember + getMember + updateMember), we are currently keeping the following fields in sync - what other fields can we keep in sync?
- First Name
- Last Name
- WE ARE NOT sending mobile number as if it's not in the correct format, it raises an error in Yotpo and not sure if Yotpo manages SMS within ireland
- The following are additional fields that we collect:
- Preferences (website can set up a list of checkboxes to display to the user under the REGISTER/UPDATE MY DETAILS pages)
- When sending an order, we currently send the following fields:
- We hard-code the currency code to EUR and send everything in EUROS even if the customer orders in a different currency as we convert them to our base currency (euros)
- Customer Email
- Customer ID - only if the user is logged in
- Total Amount
- Discount Amount
- Order ID
- Order Items:
- ID - this is the parent product code if the item is a version
- The HOME PAGE when logged in shows the "Loyalty Card Number" - will we remove this?
- Send ORDER CANCELLED to Yotpo to cover REFUNDS
- Need to consider GDPR and TERMS and CONDITIONS
- ACCEPT TERMS - We can also turn on an ACCEPT TERMS checkbox when creating an account?
- Product Category - We can also add the product categories and/or brand when sending through orders?
What additional features does the Loyalty Platform bring?
The following are the additional features:
- All customers will join your loyalty platform through your website going forward. So you should get a lot more customers on to your loyalty platform.
- When a customer joins the website, they automatically get a Loyalty account set up in the background - you can turn this feature off so that they don't join automatically but have the option to join the Loyalty platform at any time from their own account.
- You can use the extensive loyalty platform marketing features to market to all your loyal customers, both online and offline.
- There will be a field in Mail Chimp which is checked for Loyalty customers to allow you filter them out for certain emails - so that you don't send the same email to the same customer from Yotpo and Mail Chimp..
- The web account and loyalty account will be merged into one account so your customers wont get confused as they will only have one account with you.
- When a customer logs in, they will see their current points.
- When they update their web account details (e.g. change their last name), a background request will be sent to the loyalty platform to update their details.
- If the Loyalty Platform can not make the change at that point in time, you can have the details of the change request sent to an email account so that you can rectify these changes manually.
- When a web order is make, their points will update immediately.
What happens when a customer creates an online account?
When your customers create an online account, it will automatically create their account on the loyalty platform as well so that your customers only ever have 1 account that they set up with you and not multiple accounts.
If for some reason, the loyalty platform won't create the account, the web account is created anyway and no error message is shown to the customer so the customer does not know this happened. And then each time the user logs in, they will be shown a message on their home page suggesting they join the loyalty platform which allows them connect to the loyalty platform.
If you want this feature to be turned off so that an account is not automatically set up when they join the website, just contact the Help Desk to turn this off. Note that they will still be allowed to join the loyalty platform from their account each time they log in.
What about customers who have a web account but are not connected to the Loyalty platform?
When a customer logs in, if they are not already registered with the loyalty platform (e.g. they set up their account before the loyalty platform was turned on), they will be prompted to join. They just need to click JOIN and they will be able to join the Loyalty platform.
What happens if the Loyalty Platform returns a validation error?
The loyalty platform can return an error. In these cases, if the customer is creating a web account, or is making changes to their online details like first name and last name, we will try and update the Loyalty platform but if it comes back with an error, we will ignore it and allow the changes to go through. This is because it would require manual intervention by the retailer which will take a few days and the customer will get very frustrated trying to make a change, say, in the evening, and getting a technical error back each time that they cant resolve.
So for some accounts, their web details may not be the same as the details on their loyalty platform, especially for older loyalty accounts. You can decide to be notified of all validation errors returned by email and then rectify these issues manually as described in the following section.
IMPORTANT information regarding OPTING OUT
When a user opts out of MAIL CHIMP (email) or PHONOVATION (SMS), their opt out is not sent to the Loyalty Platform. The website only communicates OPT-INS and OPT-OUTS to YOTPO when the user goes through the UPDATE YOUR DETAILS page.
When a user clicks SAVE on their UPDATE YOUR DETAILS page in their website, it communicates the opt-out to the loyalty platform and to MAIL CHIMP too.
So you need to manage the OPT-OUTS separately for any communications that go directly from Yotpo or point the user to opt out through their UPDATE YOUR DETAILS page
Getting notified of all Loyalty Platform errors
If there is a validation error on the Loyalty Platform, if you supply an email address to the Help Desk, you will then get notified of all validation errors covering the following:
- New Account Registration Errors - this is when the customer tries to register a new account but is prevented by the loyalty platform - the customer will not receive an error and you won't need to do anything as they can try again the next time they log in.
- Account Update Errors - these are errors when the user makes a change to their account. You need to manually fix these changes on the Loyalty platform if you want both accounts to be kept in sync.
- New Order Errors - these are errors when the customer creates an order and is when their points can not be applied to their account