An alternative approach is to use a VERSION TABLE so that the versions are listed as buttons instead like the image below:
To set this up, you need to set up a VERSION TABLE as follows:
- Log in as Website Admin – And select Catalogue and Categories & Navigation from the menu bar – and select Version Tables from the left sidebar.
- To add a new VERSION TABLE:
- Click Add New Version Table.
- Enter the SINGULAR TITLE – e.g. "Size". It must be the singular and not the plural (i.e. "Size" and not "Sizes") as it will be used around the website (e.g. "Select Size").
- You can leave the Map to Filter Group unless you want to have refinements automatically generated for this version which is explained in option 3 and 4 (e.g. if this version is a size and you want it to populate the refinements for sizes in the left sidebar automatically for this version).
- And click FINISH.
- To add VERSIONS to the version table:
- Click View Versions.
- Click Add New Version.
- Enter the VALUE – e.g. "Small".
- Enter the SORT ORDER in the order that you want the versions to be displayed – e.g. “Small” would display before “Medium” which would display before “Large”.
- Leave EXTERNAL CODE blank for now as this is only used if you want to use systems integration for mapping products to this version from your internal system (ePos/ERP) – at which point, you put in the unique code for this version from your internal system.
- And click FINISH.
Assigning a product to a version’s external code
If you have systems integration enabled, the version code entered under External Code above should come through for each product so that they have their versions automatically set.
If you don't have systems integration enabled, you will be able to see a dropdown list when you click UPDATE beside the version under Catalogue / Products. This will appear under the Product Title textbox - if you cannot see this, contact the help desk and they will set it up for you.
When the versions from the version table don’t display
If a product which has versions does not have a unique version code for each version, it will default to displaying OPTION 1 above instead.
Similarly, if not all versions (including inactive versions) are not assigned to a version, it will also default to displaying OPTION 1 above instead.
Manually assigning products to versions
If you do not have systems integration setting version codes for you, you can manually set them using the following screen - to access this, take the following steps:
- Log in as Website Admin – And go into the product detail page for the product with the versions.
- Click on EDIT VERSIONS in the blue admin box and then select the VERSION TABLE you want to use.
- Then select the version from the version dropdown list beside each version and click SAVE CHANGES and it will show you the version buttons on the right side of the screen. If it does not, it could be because not all versions have a version assigned, or more than 1 version is using the same version title.
- Note that you can click Let me try and pick the versions! - and the computer will try and match the correct version using the version title - but you'll need to check it as it sometimes gets the selection wrong.