This is an extension to option 2 above where you want the versions table to automatically map to a filter group so that the sidebar refinements are automatically generated from the versions table - e.g. if this version is a size and you want it to populate the refinements for sizes in the left sidebar automatically for this version.
What is the alternative Option 4?
There is a 4th option (which is described in the next article) similar to this option where you group versions into single filters. You can group versions like COLOUR where there could be 100 different colours on your ePos/ERP, (e.g. 10 different shades of blue). In option 4, the versions are mapped to "parent filters" as having 100+ colours in a sidebar refinement is not usable. Instead, for example, the 10 different shades of blue needed to be grouped under a parent filter of "Blue".
Additional Feature – Only show refinements that are in stock
With this option (and also for option 4), there is an additional feature where it only shows refinements for products that are in stock. For example, if you have a product that comes in Small, Medium and Large, and you only have Medium and Large in stock, only these 2 refinements will appear for this product in the sidebar refinements.
Steps to set up an AUTO FILTER VERSION TABLE
To set this up, you need to set up an AUTO FILTER VERSION TABLE as follows:
- Log in as Website Admin – And select Catalogue and Categories & Navigation from the menu bar – and select Version Tables from the left sidebar.
- To add a new AUTO FILTER VERSION TABLE:
- Click Add Auto Filter Table.
- Enter the SINGULAR TITLE – e.g. "Size". It must be the singular and not the plural (i.e. "Size" and not "Sizes") as it will be used around the website (e.g. "Select Size").
- Set the Map to Filter Group to the filter group you want to map to (steps to set up FILTER GROUPS is described in the articles under “Filters / Refinements”)
- And click FINISH.
- You don’t need to do anymore as every time a filter is set up under the mapped filter group – or if an existing filter is changed – it will automatically add it to this version table.