DPD provide a facility to upload a spreadsheet of shipments. You can download a report from your orders screen which can be reviewed and uploaded on the DPD website.
This is a new report which is currently in beta testing. Please flag any issues or feedback to the helpdesk.
Step 1 - Download the report
To download the report, in our orders screen select DPD Report (Beta) from the download dropdown and click the Dropdown button. You can choose the orders you would like in the report by checking them prior to clicking the Download button. If you don't chose orders then all orders in the selected order status will appear in the report.
Step 2 - Review & prepare spreadsheet for upload to DPD
You can view your report in excel. Additional information can be added. Additional data may be needed for international shipments.
The spreadsheet is in the format required by dpd, eg the first column is the Customer Order Reference, the second column is Client code. The required layout is detailed in the IMPORT-FileSpec-CSV ver 1.2.pdf file provided by dpd.
- The DPD Account Number needs to be in 29th column (column AC). If you would like your DPD Account number to be entered automatically on the dpd report download, you can send this to the helpdesk and they will organise to have it included in your report.
- The 9th column (Column i) contains a country code. The download from the abcommerce website contains country codes for popular countries eg UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand. You may need to add additional country codes for other countries. DPD provided the following list of country codes required to upload to spreadsheet to DPD. Codes of Countries.txt
- You can set default values for some of the fields in your DPD portal eg No of parcels, Weight, Extra Insurance. DPD can assist you with this.
The report is upload to DPD without any headers so once you have checked the details, delete the row of headers and save.
DPD have also provided the following documents to help with the upload which may help with shipments to the UK.
email@example.com should be able to help you with any questions on the layout of the report
Step 3 Upload to DPD
- On the PC where you are doing the upload to the DPD Portal, you need to set up a folder where you place the prepared spreadsheets you wish to import (downloaded from the abcommerce website with amendments if required). You can set the location of this folder on your DPD portal - CLICK CONSIGNMENT IMPORT STATUS - SETTINGS - LOCAL FILE PATH – select your file destination. The DPD Portal will create three sub-folders in your chosen location - see example below.
- Place the csv file that is downloaded from abCommerce (with any amendments) is dropped in the IMPORT folder and when it is processed it moves to one of the subfolders folders.
- In the DPD Portal Click Shipping on the left hand side
- Click Consignment Import Status
- Click Manually Import a File
- Click Start Manual Import. This takes the csv file from the folder (eg C:\inter\import folder) and processes it and the labels start coming out of the printer. It then moves the csv file to one of subfolder in your folder.
- If there is a problem with any of the orders such as wrong eircode they will appear in Consignment Rejected, you can click on Consignment Rejected and fix issues such as wrong eircode and the labels will then print.
firstname.lastname@example.org should be able to help you with any issues uploading the report.