Trade/B2B - Showing Prices EX Tax
You can enable taxation for either all your users or just special accounts (trade customers).
When taxation is enabled, the following changes will automatically happen:
- All prices will be shown exclusive of TAX / VAT
- When going through the checkout, the user will also be able to enter a COMPANY NAME
- When going through the checkout, the user will be able to enter a EU VAT/TAX NUMBER - if this is entered and the country is in the EU, VAT will not be charged to the customer
- NOTE: We do not check if the EU VAT number is valid - you must do this yourself before fulfilling the order for the customer
- If the country is outside the EU, VAT / TAX is not charged
B2C - Showing Prices INC Tax
For B2C websites, you can still be configured for VAT/TAX Invoices which give the breakdown of the total ex tax + the tax amount.
To do this, you need to assign each product to a tax band + then we can add the VAT breakdown to the bottom of your order confirmation email so that it can act as a tax/vat invoice too. Contact the Help Desk if you would like for this to be set up.
Using an EX/INC Vat Toggle
If you would like your website to have the following in your header so that the user can elect to have prices shown ex vat or inc vat, contact he Help Desk. This is useful if you are selling to B2B (and so are showing prices ex vat) but you also want to sell through Google Shopping (where prices must be inc vat).
Note also that some widgets may have your ex vat price hard-coded so these will have to removed from your website if you turn this on.
Not charging Vat/Tax for specific customers
Under the trade customer's TRADE tab, the setting Tax Status allows you disable tax being charged for specific customers. You just change the Tax Status to Do Not Charge Tax.
Setting Default Tax/Vat Number
Also, the setting above for Tax/EU VAT Number allows you to set a default Tax/Vat Number for specific customers so that when they are going through the checkout, it defaults to this number each time.
Please sign in to leave a comment.