Shipping Countries & Regions are a very important component of your online delivery service. Your Implementations Team will work with you set up your Shipping Countries/Regions and Shipping Rates.
Step 1: Select the countries and or regions you wish to deliver to from the list below
- Ireland (26 counties) OR Ireland (32 counties)
- Northern Ireland (6 counties)
- Great Britain OR UK
- EU (you can elect to remove certain countries from the dropdown list of EU countries)
- Rest of EU
- New Zealand
- Rest of World (allows user enter any country as free text)
Step 2. Decide the Shipping Rates needed for each selected Country/Region. Send this information to helpdesk @ magico.com to set up for you. Please consider the shipping configuration options below when sending us this information.
Shipping Rate Calculated before Checkout
The shipping rates are set up so that the shipping rate is calculated before the user gets to the checkout. Their default country is shown and they can change this to another country at the VIEW BASKET page. The reason for this is so that we can add options in the future so that mobile phone users can bypass the checkout to pay with just one-click (e.g. one-click checkout through PayPal Express).
Shipping settings for Products
You may want to alter the shopping settings for individual products to facilitate free delivery or additional delivery charges if the item is difficult to deliver. To do this
1. Log in as Website Admin
2. Navigate to the product that you wish update
3. Select Edit Product Content link in the Information Box above the product details
4. Scroll down to Shipping Rates. You can select:
- FREE DELIVERY – If the product has no shipping rates (e.g. gift vouchers). If your basket only has products set for FREE DELIVERY, the customer will not be charged shipping at checkout.
- You can elect that this is only available for certain regions above
- IS BULKY – If the product is heavy/bulky/difficult to deliver, you may need to charge a higher shipping rate. If your basket has one or more bulky products, the customer will be charged the bulky shipping rates instead (more details below).
5. To process your changes select Save Changes or select CANCEL if you change your mind
Standard Shipping Rates & Bulk Shipping Rates
The types of shipping rates that can be set up are as follows:
- Fixed Shipping Rate per Country/Region – you can set a fixed shipping rate for a specific country (e.g. all orders to EU countries are charged €9.50 for shipping).
- And you can also set a BULKY shipping rate per country – e.g. for orders that contain bulky items to the EU, they are charged €19.50 for shipping.
- Free Shipping above a certain order value – on top of the Fixed Shipping Rate per country above, you can also have tiered shipping rates – e.g. free shipping to Ireland for all orders above €50. Offering free shipping above a certain order value is recommended as most shoppers who leave websites at checkout generally leave due to higher than expected shipping rates. Also, it encourages shoppers to increase the value of their basket to get the free shipping rate.
- Free shipping will not apply if there is one or more bulky items in the order.
- ADVANCED OPTION: Tiered Shipping Rates - You can also have tiered shipping rates – e.g. Free shipping above €50, €3.50 above €30 and €4.50 below €30.
ADVANCED OPTION: Calculate Shipping based on Weight
If you would like a more comprehensive shipping algorithm, you can calculate shipping based on the total weight of the order. This requires more maintenance as you need to enter a weight (in kg) for each product but it allows you to charge different rates based on total order weight being between bands (in kg).
If you would like to use an alternative to kg, let us know what you would like to change this to.
Note that you can still set FREE SHIPPING and BULKY SHIPPING RATES for specific products to override these weight bands (if your order only has free shipping products or there is at least one bulky item in the order).
And also note that you can still set a free shipping rate for orders up to a certain value before the weight bands are used.