On your dashboard, you will find the following Sales Reports:
Use these reports to understand where your online sales are coming from and where there are opportunities to make additional sales
NOTE: These reports should be treated as guidelines only and not a 100% accurate representation of your online sales. The reasons for this is that you may have updated a product to appear in a different category in recent weeks and this is not accurately reflected or a product may appear in multiple categories and the sales figures appear for each category they are in.
The following is a description of each report:
- Sales by Month - This report gives a breakdown of sales by month and shows the growth in online sales year on year. It also tries to estimate your current month's sales and the sales by the end of the year using the previous 3 months sales and the sales in the same months last year.
- Top Brands - This report shows which brands are bringing you the highest sales. It also shows how many users viewed the brand page and you can click on the brand title to be bought into the brand page to see what changes you can make to improve sales for that brand.
- Top Categories - This is similar to the TOP BRANDS report and shows sales based on your top level categories. It's TOTAL VIEWS figure includes views for all sub-categories.
- Top Sub-Categories - This is similar to the TOP BRANDS report and shows sales based on your top 2nd level categories. It's TOTAL VIEWS figure includes views for all level 3 categories.
- Top Level 3 Categories - This is similar to the TOP BRANDS report and shows sales based on your bottom level categories (if you have any).
- Top Products - This shows all the top selling products on your website. It also shows the number of product detail page views each gets, how many then get added to the basket, and then how many complete their purchase. You can click on the product title to see the product detail page and see if there are any changes you can make to improve the sales for that product.
- Top Products Viewed - This report focuses on how many products are viewed but not added to the basket. With the highest proportion of VIEWS VS ADDED at the top of the list. These products have potential to be turned into higher sales by making some adjustments - maybe a discount on the price or update the reason why the product should be purchased from you now. Or maybe you need to order a lot more stock of these as you are losing sales.
- Top Products Abandoned - This report focuses on which products have been added to the basket most but not completed their purchase. You should look at the reasons why people may not be completing the purchase e.g. is the shopping cost too high, can they purchase it cheaper elsewhere, is the returns information clear ? .