A Countdown Widget allows you to Countdown to the start/finish of a sale or promotion e.g. Black Friday Sale Starts in XX days and also link to the relevant web page. A Countdown widget is typically a Site Wide Widget but you can also insert a Countdown to an individual page and the steps are similar to below but you choose a One Content Block layout,
Please advise us at firstname.lastname@example.org when setting up your first Countdown Widget so that appropriate styling can be applied.
1. Log in as Website Admin
2. Select Settings and Edit Site Content from the menu bar
3. To add a Countdown Widget as a Site Wide Widget, choose Add Site Wide Header Content, a Widget Manager will appear to help you develop and manage your content.
6. To Add a Countdown Widget, Choose Countdown from the drop down for the relevant Widget.
7. Once Countdown is selected additional fields will appear
- To Date* - use the format 25 Dec 2019 23:00 (note that if you do not add a time it will assume that the time the sale is starting is at midnight)
- Before Text- this is the text that appears to the left of the Countdown Clock e.g. Christmas Sales Starts in
- After Text- this is the text that appears to the right of the Countdown Clock eg See our Offers
- After Text url - if you wish to link the After Text to a web page enter the url here, remember to use a relative link e.g Link to the Christmas Sales Offers page *denotes compulsory fields
8. Complete the following Widget Container Options
- Is Active*: If you want the Countdown Widget to appear live on the site ensure it is set to Active *denotes compulsory fields
10. To view the changes before they go live, select Preview
11. Save your changes and they will appear live on your site
Please note that only 1 Countdown Widget is allowed per site if using Site Wide Widget or per page if inserting a Countdown to a page