What we want to achieve:
• Stop the AB Commerce/Mailchimp Connection
• View how the AB Commerce/Klaviyo connection for your subscribers list
How we will achieve it:
1. Turn off Mail Chimp integration from AB Commerce
2. Change all sign ups to AB Commerce widgets if not already from AB Commerce – so all info will be held by AB Commerce temporarily and transferred in batch job to Klaviyo i.e. if you have any pop ups, sign up forms or widgets from Mailchimp or a third party plugin on the site let us know as these will need to be disabled so all info is transferred to one main subscriber list.
3. Remove Klaviyo/Mailchimp Integration – so that it stops updating the ABC WEBSITE SUBSCRIBERS list
4. Rename ABC_WebsiteSubscribers List (that has come over to Klaviyo from MC) to “Mail Chimp Backup - ABC_WebsiteSubscribers” – this will help us see what info is coming across or if any info is missing
5. Turn on Klaviyo integration by adding AB Commerce API Keys for Klaviyo + switching it on. This will automatically create a new list in Klaviyo transferring all data from your website.
6. Review Batch Jobs 24 hours after switching on as it will update through the night
*Important to note: you will need to pause all emails being sent until list transfer is complete as we need to keep unsubscribes in one list.