You can preview your FTP files in the VIEW FTP SITE screen under the YOUR BATCH JOBS screen.
Checklist for Previewing each file
Ensure that the following are in place:
- The filenames of the 2 files are correct – they should use the following format:
- All fields (including the column titles) are surrounded by double quotes and any double quote within a field is doubled up.
- Only the products that are checked for “Active for web” are included in the products file.
- Each file contains only a few rows in each (to ensure it is easy to delete any invalid records from the database during the testing of these files).
- All product codes in the products file are unique.
- All products in the PRODUCT CATEGORY RELATIONSHIPS file are also included in the PRODUCTS file – and all use the correct PRODUCT CODE value.
- All category codes in the PRODUCT CATEGORY RELATIONSHIPS file are valid EXTERNAL CODES in the corresponding website categories table.
Do last clean up before starting the batch jobs
Once you are happy that the correct files are being uploaded, then delete all older CSV files so that the only files being shown are the 2 newest versions of the PRODUCT and PRODUCT CATEGORY RELATIONSHIPS file and any other file that you want included.
Set up the Schedule
Then, set up your schedule so that the latest 2 files are exported at regular intervals – e.g. once per day, every hour or every 15 minutes.
Check that the schedule is working and there is a build-up of files in the INBOX folder.
Please sign in to leave a comment.