You may get a general error when using the Bulk Import (as in the example below). This generally indicated that something is not correct in the file.
If this happens check the following:
Headings on your csv file
Check that the field names (the headings on your csv file) are exactly as detailed in the bulk import/update support articles. The headings are case sensitive.
Check that you don't have duplicate codes in your file. Eg
- If you are uploading a product file, each product code should appear once in the file (on one line only).
- If you are adding the same brand or category to a particular product more than once in your file
See the section on "Finding Duplicates in the https://support.abcommerce.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015152437-Tips-on-working-with-spreadsheets-for-bulk-import support article.
Blank rows or blank fields
- Check if you have a blank line in your csv file - if so delete the blank row
- Check if you have left out a required field blank - eg a ProductCode. If so, add required information.
- If you are not seeing any blanks, open the csv file in a text editor like Notepad in Window or TextEdit on a Mac. Check if you see commas after your rows of data as in the example below. Sometimes excel can add extra rows, this may happen if there is a space or other character in the rows underneath your data. Delete any of these blank rows.
Open the csv file in a text editor like Notepad in Window or TextEdit on a Mac. Check if you see commas after your data.
To remove these commas, open your file in excel and delete the columns to the right of your data and save. Check in your text editor that the errors are no longer appearing.
You can get this error if excel thinks you have data in a column that you are not using, eg you may have a space in a field to the right of your data.
Correct bulk import
Are you using the correct bulk import. Each type of bulk import has specific fields eg the csv file for a product bulk upload may have ProductCode, Title, PriceEURO. So make sure you are using the correct one.