You may wish to share access to your Google Analytics for various reasons - perhaps you've had a new team member join, or you're working with a new digital marketing agency, and they need to access your GA.
When this is the case, it is always preferable to set new users up with their own login, so you are not sharing a single login, and you can manage access levels long term.
To add a User to your Google Analytics, please complete the following steps:
- Log in to your Google Analytics
- Go to the bottom left of your screen and click Admin
- This will open your Admin view
- In the first section on the left, under ‘Account’, click on Account User Management
- This will open your list of Users
- In the top right, click the blue Plus symbol and Add Users
- Input the email address of the person you wish to add
- NB: this email address must be connected to a Google Account, so please check with the person that this is the case.
- Add the email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org and tick Notify new users by email
- Choose the access level you would like to give.
- For most cases, Read & Analyze should be sufficient,
- If it's your Agency, and they will be using GA, also select Collaborate and Edit
- If you wish to make someone a full Admin, select Manage Users
- Click the blue Add button in the top right
- That’s it, you’re done