Any order with a product in any of the above product groups will automatically be moved into a different order status before they can be moved into New Order - which is called Awaiting Approval.
A person from your team can then be given the special security right of Order Approver which will mean that they can see this extra order status. No-one, including web admins and sys admins, can see orders under this status unless they have this security right enabled for their account.
The approver can then decide which orders to change to New Order and which ones to change to Order Cancelled.
A separate automated email can be sent to the customer for these orders. The approver can also be BCC'ed on this email.
When the approver approves the order, then the customer will also get the New Order confirmation email.
Matching Orders with Previous Orders
Under this order status, we will view any other order that was made by the customer using either of the following:
- The same email address
- The same post code
- The same last 7 digits in their phone number
Detailed Audit Report
The approver can see all the orders and the list of special products within each order that requires their approval. They can click on any order to view a detailed audit report which includes the following:
- The person's name, address, email + telephone number in case you decide to ring them
- View all other products purchased within special product groups by this same customer (including the current order) along with the dates they were purchased and the quantities:
- In the last 7 days
- In the last 6 months
- The answers to any questionnaire they filled in - including any wrong answers they submitted and then changed and resubmitted
Traffic Light System
Beside each order will be a traffic light made up of the following 3 colours:
- This is the first order by this customer in the last 6 months
- This customer has ordered before from a special product group in the last 6 months
- This customer filled in a questionnaire and got all questions right first time
- This customer was rejected when filling in the questionnaire for a special product, but subsequently changed their answers and resubmitted it
- The customer filled in a free-text textbox as part of a questionnaire
- This customer has ordered before from a special product group in the last 7 days
Adding Comments to Audit Report
The approver can also add comments to the audit report (e.g. after ringing the customer and documenting what the customer said).