It's important to be constantly building up your email and SMS database with new subscribers who opt-in to receive communications from you. Most will give you their email address and some will also give you their sms mobile number.
The ultimate effect of this is building up Loyalty and Increasing Revenue through Returning Customers which is where most successful online websites generate their large revenues from.
Already Available Collection Points
The following are already set up by default - note that the most common place for collecting emails is during the checkout when the customer is making their order.
- Opt-in at start of checkout - When a customer is entering their email address at the start of the checkout, they will be able to op-tin their email address.
- Opt-in / Create Account at end of checkout - After a customer has made an order, they will have the option to create an account and opt-in to receive email and/or sms communications.
- Join Page in header on every page - On every page, there is a link to Join where they can create an account and opt-in for email and/or sms communications.
- Subscribe link in footer on every page - On every page, at the top of the footer, there is a link to Subscribe where they can subscribe their email and/or sms and also have the option of creating an account as well
- Note that you have the option to move this to the bottom of the footer section or to the right of the footer section (just contact the Help Desk to get this changed)
- Opt-in for any contact form -Every contact form on your website that you create using the Contact Form Widget will allow the customer to opt-in for email and/or sms.
Additional Optional Collection Points
The following are further options for you to collect emails/sms:
- Add links to the opt-in pages - You can add widgets that link to either of the following pages:
- /account/join -> This is the join page where the user must create an account and has the option to opt-in or out
- /subscribe -> This is the subscribe page where the user opts in for email and/or sms, and has the option of creating an account
- Home Page Pop-Up - If you would like a pop-up to appear on the home page, contact the Help Desk and they will set this up for you.
- Subscriber Widget - You can add a Subscriber Widget to any page where widgets can be added.