Returns/Cancellations in the standard implementation
With the standard implementation of AB Commerce, you
1) Record the refund/cancellation on the website
- If the entire order is being refunded you can change the order status of the order to Status - Cancelled.
- If part of an order is refunded
- If you have access to the Edit Order functionality you can make an update as detailed in the following support article - https://support.abcommerce.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409811276689-Editing-an-Order
- Otherwise we suggest that you make a note of it in processing notes in the POST SALE tab of the order.
2) Cancelling/refunding the payment
When an item is returned you will need to login to your payment provider portal (eg Elavon, Global Payment, Authipay, Paypal, Stripe) to cancel/refund the payment. Cancelling an order on the website does not automatically cancel/refund the payment.
3) Record return/cancellation on EPOS system
If you are using systems integration that downloads orders you may also wish to record the refund in your EPOS system. The refund or editing of an order is not automatically recorded on your EPOS system. This will ensure that your stock for the items refunded is correct.
However, AB Commerce currently offers a Returns Module as a paid upgrade which works as follows:
How a Customer Submits a Return
A customer goes to the following URL and sees the following screen:
They will then be presented with a screen where they select the items they wish to return and click Return the Selected items. They will then be given instructions on how to return the items which includes specifying the order number with the package.
How a Customer Resubmits a Return
If a customer needs to return products more than once for the same order (either they decide to return additional items from the order or they have to resubmit the return again), they just go through the same screen above.
The Admin Screens
To view the returns submitted - or to approve a return manually, log on as web admin and click on Orders - Returns and you will see this screen:
The returns that have been submitted appear under VIEW PENDING.
When a return comes in, just enter the order number and click Search. Then, either Approve or Reject the return and the customer will automatically get an email saying their item has been returned and the credit card has been refunded.