If you are not using systems integration with your ePos/ERP, you can turn on the ability to edit a completed order.. For example, if you are out of stock of an item and have agreed with the customer to replace it with an alternative item.
To turn this on, just contact the Help Desk and give them the user logins that you want to give the extra security right to edit an order.
Not available with Systems Integration
Systems integration automatically downloads orders into your ePos/ERP so any editing should then be done within these systems and not through your website admin.
Fields that are editable
You can edit the following fields:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- You can add new items to the order
- Update price or quantity for an existing order item
- Remove an order item from the order
- Shipping First name, Last name and Company name
- Shipping Address (except country)
- PO Number
- Tax \ Vat Number
- Gift message
How to edit an order
When you view the list of orders, you will see 2 extra options:
- Edit Order - this allows you to edit the order
- Resend Invoice - this allows you to resend the invoice after you have edited the order
When you click Edit Order, you will see the following screen which allows you to do the following:
- None of your changes are saved until you click SAVE. You can click CANCEL anytime to cancel all your changes.
- You can change the QUANTITY or PRICE of an item.
- You can click RECALCULATE at any time to have all the totals recalculate - when you click out of a textbox, it also automatically recalculates for you.
- You can enter a product code and click ADD to add it to the order - it will default to a quantity of 1 and will give the current price which you can edit.
- It's important to have a 2nd tab open so that you can copy in product codes for adding to the order.
- You can also then check that the price is correct as it can be a price without a current promotion discount on it or the account may have a special price for that product.
- Careful that you add the version product code for versions and not the parent product code.
- You can click DELETE to remove an item from your basket.
- If you use TAX, it will display tax - but it will also allow you to click REMOVE TAX to remove tax from the order (e.g. if you have a customer that is tax exempt). You can reverse this action by clicking ALLOW TAX to add tax back into the order again.
Careful as you are entering raw data
This EDIT ORDER screen allows you make any change to the order you want. You can add product codes that are inactive or out of stock (as long as they are in the database).
The DISCOUNT is not editable as you are instead able to edit the UNIT PRICE. If you are editing an order that has had a discount applied to it, the price you see is the price after the discount was applied.
Shipping is an order item
When editing an order, the SHIPPING FEE will be an order item so if you want to add or edit it, just ensure that there is an INACTIVE product in the Catalogue for your shipping product code (e.g the default shipping product code is WEBSHIP).
Working out remaining balance to pay
As you change your order, the AMOUNT PAID along with the difference between that and the new ORDER TOTAL is displayed so that you can charge or refund the customer the difference. You handle refunds manually through your payment provider.
We also show you the GIFT VOUCHERS amount as when there is a difference between the ORDER TOTAL and the AMOUNT PAID, it is normally due to GIFT VOUCHERS being used.