To view your orders, click on the ORDERS sub menu bar option under the ORDERS main menu bar when logged in as an admin user.
The different stages of an order
You will see the order statuses down the left hand side – an order goes through the following stages:
All new orders start at this status
If you have an integration with your epos system, do not manually move orders out of NEW ORDER status. Always wait until they are moved by your EPOS provider. This ensures that the stock always updated.
Only for Systems Integration: If you have systems integration set up, all orders are automatically updated to this order status within 15 minutes – which means they have been downloaded into your ERP/ePos.
For any test orders or cancelled orders, you can update the order status
When an order is ready to dispatch, update the order status
Order Ready for Collection
Or if the order is being collected, update the order status
This is rarely used as it’s only for retailers who want the order to be updated to completed when the courier reports back that the package has been delivered or when the user has collected the order.
How to change the status of orders
To change the status of one or more orders:
- Navigate to the relevant Order Status on the left hand side nav.
- Select the orders using the checkboxes at the right
- From the Select Order Status dropdown list, select the appropriate status.
- Click the Change Order Status button. The status of the order will be updated and the system will automatically move the order to the relevant order queue.
You can create different Reports depending on the information you require.
1. Choose the most relevant status e.g. New Order OR Order Downloaded (you can only run reports for these statuses)
2. Tick the Orders you want to include in the report, choose Select All if you wish to include all orders
3. Choose the Report type you want from the drop down beside Download (see report type below)
4. Select Download
- Pick List - generally used for fulfillment purposes
- Orders - overview of Orders but does not include the detail of what was ordered (often used for accounting purposes)
- Order Items - details of the order items included in each order
Automatic Email Notifications
- When a customer makes an order, they get an automatic email with the details of their order, Order Confirmation email
- When you change the status of an order to Order Dispatched, they get an email notifying them that the order has been dispatched, Order Dispatched email
- Or when you change the status of an order to Order Ready for Collection, they get an email notifying them that the order is ready for them to collect, Order Ready for Collection email (optional)
BCC email on all new orders
You will get BCC’ed on all new orders that come in. If you would like us to change this email address or turn this off, contact the Help Desk.
We recommend that you do not rely 100% on emails as email systems can encounter issues from time to time so we would recommend that you also review the Order Status Screen as shown above.
Cross-check Your Order
We strongly recommend that you cross-check your order before you pack it to ensure it is a genuine order. Recommended checks include:
- Was Payment Received? – Check that the payment was made correctly and the total amount is correct. As the customer is transferred to an external system, you cant guarantee 100% that the payment was made correctly so you should cross check this.
- Is this a fraudulent Order? – Check that the order is not a fraudulent order (e.g. a stolen credit card number) as once you dispatch the order, the credit card companies won’t give you a refund and you’ll be left with an unpaid order. Some stolen credit card numbers still go through as the card is not yet reported as stolen.