Choosing MY BATCH JOBS in from ANALYTICS in the top navigation will give you lots of information on the batch jobs used for the integration.
The top section of this screen shows the integration with ERP/ePos/Accounts Integration. Underneath that section you will see 3rd party integrations and batch jobs eg with Celebros or Fact Finder (Advanced Search), MailChimp (Marketing Email Platform Sync), Back in stock email alerts.
Integrations run using files will be displayed here.
Your ERP/ePos/Accounts system uploads files to the FTP Site. These files are processed using a number of batch jobs eg Import Products, Import Stock Levels. Integration is generally scheduled to run every 15 minutes.
For each batch job you can see the last time it run, the date/time it is next scheduled to run. If there are any issues, you can hover of the Error message to get more details.
In the last column you can also view or download files which give more information.
- Errors – will give more details of the error
- Updates – displays the records that require a change to the live website (eg new record, delete a record, update a record). It shows the fields that came up from the epos system. It also shows additional columns including error messages, when the record was added to the live website, when the change was made in the live website.
- Files – shows a list of files sent by the ERP/ePos/Accounts system for this type of batch job
- Steps – show the steps in the integration – may help to troubleshoot where a batch job is experiencing an issue
- Today – shows when this batch job (eg Import Products job) was run today
- Last 30 days – you can drill down to a list of batch jobs of this type (eg Import Products) for any of the last 30 days.
Viewing the files sent by the ePos
Click on Last 30 days for the type of import you are interested in (eg Import Products)
Click the View Files Processed for the day you are interested in.
You can display the file as text on the screen or download a version that can be opened in excel (csv format). The excel file will display the information in columns of text so it may be is easier to read.
Investigating issues with integration
Your dashboard will generally flag any issues with the integration, it is important to check these ASAP - some serious errors could stop your integration from running. Click on the more details link will bring you to the ANALYTICS - MY BATCH JOBS webpage. If there is any issue that doesn't make sense to you flag it to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
- The error message on the dashboard will tell you which batch job there is an error with.
- The Error message column on the ANALYTICS - MY BATCH JOBS will also flag errors. Hover over the Error Message generally gives more details.
- Clicking ERRORS in the last column for the batch job of the ANALYTICS - MY BATCH JOBS will download a file with all the errors in that batch job
Trouble shooting your integration
Eg I added a new product or made a change to a product (eg a price change) on my EPOS/ERP/Accounting system but it is not on the website yet
- Check the last run time of the "Import Products" job, ensure that the integration has run since you ENABLED FOR WEB or updated the product on the epos/ERP/Accounting system.
- Check that the product has come up in a file from the EPOS/ERP/Accounting system. Check the Files link for the "Import products" job. If you are not seeing any files here you can check the "View FTP Site" link or files. The Processed folder contains files that have been processed. The Inbox folder contains new files that have been received since the integration last ran.
- Check if there are any errors appearing in ANALYTICS - YOUR BATCH JOBS. Sometimes a serious error can stop the integration.
- Check the updates link for the "Import Products" job. This downloads a spreadsheet with the latest product updates made to the website. You can search for particular product code in the spreadsheet. It shows the fields updated for the product. The CONN_DateInserted shows the date/time that the product was updated in the website and the CONN_DateLastUpdated shows the date/time the product was last updated on the website.
- If the product is appearing in CATALOGUE - PRODUCTS of the website but not on the front end of the website this means that the product has come up through the integration and there may be other reasons why the product is not appearing on the front end of the website.
- Once a product has been updated on the back end of the website (In CATALOGUE - PRODUCTS) your website it can take up to 30 minutes for it to reach the front end of the website due to the caching which is used to speed up the website.
- The product does not have an image - if you stop products without images appearing on the website.
- The product has not been approved - if you are using the approval process
- The product is out of stock - and you don't display products on the website
- The product has not been assigned to a category or brand so it cannot be found through the navigation.