To set up a Price or Percent discount promotion, you can set it up as a site wide promotion or a multi-use promo code that is only available if the user has a promo code. Both setups are very similar so they are both explained together below.
Take the following steps:
- Log in as web admin:
- If setting up a sitewide promotion, click on Promotions under the Marketing menu option
- If setting up a promo code promotion, click on Promo Codes under the Marketing menu option
- NOTE that if you want the user to be given a randomly generated promo code that can be only used once (Single Use Promo Code), then click Single Use Promo Codes under the Marketing menu instead
- Click Add New Promotion and click Percentage Off
- Enter the following:
- Promotion Name: This is what appears in the user's confirmation email beside products that used this promotion
- Promotion Percentage Value: Enter the percentage off (e.g. "10" for 10%)
- (Only for Sitewide Promotions) Promotion Text: OPTIONAL - You can enter the text to appear under the products when the user is browsing the website. If you dont enter text here, the text is automatically generated for you as "X% Off Sale"
If this is a promo code promotion,you then enter the multi-use promo code:
Then enter where the promotion applies:
- The following are the options available:
- Everything (Site Wide) - This is applied to all products on the website
- Category - This is applied only to 1 or more categories
- Filter (Brands) - This is applied only to 1 or more brands
- Product Group - This is applied only to 1 or more product groups - product groups allow you a lot more flexibility if you want a specific filtered group of products
- Individual Product(s) - This is applied only to a specific product (or multiple products if you enter more than 1 product code and separate them using commas)
- Advanced - This allows you to select a mix of Category, Filter (Brands), Product Group and/or Individual Product
- Under Advanced, there is an option to turn on Product must be in all above category groups - this is for cases, for example, where you want to run a promotion for a particular brand and only one or more categories of products within this brand - this would be done by clicking Advanced and then selecting the Brand under the Filter (Brands) and the categories under Category and checking the checkbox for Product must be in all above category groups
- If you don't check this checkbox, then all products in any category selected will be available for this promotion
- (For SiteWide Promotions) You then need to decide what happens to products that already have a "Was - Now" promotion price - the options for these products are:
- Replace this promotion price with this discount
- Leave the existing promotion in place and skip this product
- Add the discount on top of the existing promotion price - e.g. if this is a 10% discount + the product is already displaying "Was €30 - Now €20" - the promotion will change to "Was €30 - Now €18" - "40% Off Sale"
- Only Replace if discount is greater - if the promotion price is lower than the current promotion price, it will replace it with this new promotion price - otherwise, it will leave the existing promotion in place and skip this product
- (For Promo Code Promotions) Similar to the above but the options are:
- Don't apply the promotion
- Apply the promotion
- Include No Discounts Allowed Products - By default, any product that has been marked as "No Discounts Allowed" are excluded from all promotions - to include them in this promotion, check this box
- (For Promo Code Promotions) Minimum Order Value - if you want the promo code to only work for certain order values, enter the minimum order value
- And then enter the Sort Order as each product can only be applied to one promotion and the promotions with the lower sort order are checked first for a match. Once a product finds a match, it does not check the other promotions.
You then select any restrictions on this promotion with the following options:
- None - There are no restrictions
- Exclude Category - You can select one or more categories to exclude from this promotion
- Exclude Filter (Brands) - You can select one or more brands to exclude from this promotion
- Exclude Product Group - You can select one or more product groups to exclude from this promotion
- Exclude Specific Product(s) - You can enter a specific product code to be excluded from this promotion(or multiple products if you enter more than 1 product code and separate them using commas)
You then set when the promotion becomes active and you have the following options:
- Always (Starting Now) - Once you click SAVE, the promotion will become active (you may need to wait until the cache clears within the next 30 minutes or you can clear the cache manually)
- Within Specific Start/End Dates - You can enter a start date and/or an end date for the promotion - remember to enter the time the promotion starts/ends - and remember that 0 for hours and minutes means that the promotion ends at 0:00 on the final day of the promotion do you may need to set the final day to be a day later
- Deactivated - You can deactivate the promotion at any time by changing it to this status
Click Save Changes to complete the promotion.
You can either wait for the cache to clear (within 30 minutes) or you can clear the cache manually by clicking Settings - Clear Cache for the changes to happen immediately.