This section outlines the different types of promotions available, and methods of application and eligibility for each promotion type.
In general a promotion will be set up by asking the following questions:
- What is the promotion?
- What would you like to apply the promotion to?
- How would you like to apply this promotion?
- Are there any restrictions on this promotion?
- When would you like the promotion to be active?
What is the promotion?
There are a number of different promotion types available in the abcommerce platform
- Percentage Off * (10% Off list price)
- Amount Off * (€5 off list price)
- Add a Free Item/Gift (buy a product and get free gift/item)
- 3 for 2 and variations (when 3 products in basket, cheapest is free)
- 2 for €X and variations (when 2 of these products are in the basket, total price is €X)
- Promotion codes (multi-use and single use codes)
*please note that you may manage your Percentage Off & Amount Off (Was/Now) promotional prices at a product level via your ERP or ePos instead of using the abcommerce promotional module.
What would you like to apply the promotion to?
Promotions can be applied to different products or groups of products, these are outlined below.
- Category (includes primary or sub categories)
- Filter (includes brands)
- Product Groups(manually created)
- Individual Product
- Advanced (combinations of above)
When adding a new promotion there are a number of ways to manage existing promotion prices that have been set at a product level (i.e Was/Now pricing)
- Add to existing promotion price
- Leave existing promotion price in place
- Replace existing promotion price
- Only replace if discount is greater
How would you like to apply the promotion?
Promotions can be applied in the following ways.
- Based on Total Order Value
- Based on Items Added to Basket (trigger items)
Are there any restrictions on the promotion?
There are a number of restrictions that can be applied to a promotion.
- None (no restrictions apply)
- Exclude category (may be primary or sub categories)
- Exclude filter (includes brands)
- Excludes product group (manually created)
- Excludes specific product
When would you like the promotion to be active?
A promotion can be set up to be active:
- Always, starting now
- Within specific start/end dates
There is also an option to deactivate a promotion