If you would like to offer your customers a discounted price when they buy in larger quantities, you can set up tiered pricing for a product. For example:
Tiered Pricing overrides price across all versions
Note that tiered pricing is set at the product level - so if there are versions under a product, these will all get the same tiered pricing fields.
What if there is a promotion on the product
If there is a promotion on the product, the default unit price will have the promotion applied to it and the volume discount prices will not have the promotion applied to it. However, if any of the volume discounted prices are lower than the default unit price with the discount, this will still be used.
|Quantity||Price||Promotion Price||Price Used|
|1||9.99||20% Off - Was 9.99 Now 7.99||7.99|
How to set tiered pricing for a product
- Log in as web admin and click Catalogue - Products
- Find the product that you want to add tiered pricing to and click Update
- Click on the Pricing & Promotions tab
- Scroll down the page and click on Show Advanced Settings
- You will see the following box where you can enter the quantities that the unit price changes + the actual prices at these quantities.
- Once entered, click Save (and remember to click Settings - Clear Cache if you want to see the changes immediately)